The Ultimate Equalizer

This past weekend, I had the chance to catch up on some of my reading. After finishing an interesting book on time management, I began jotting down a few notes on some of the tips I learned from the book. In mid-sentence, I had one of those “eureka” moments - One of those rare moments where I have total clarity in my thought process. I immediately wrote down this thought and decided I would include this in my next blog and share it with you.

Time is the ultimate equalizer among all men and women. There is no measurement more accurate to our equality then the number of hours each day.

The more I thought about this, the more sense it made. It’s true that every day provides an opportunity – we can choose to take advantage of this opportunity by being creative and productive, or we can choose to waste that day.

Don’t think for a moment that I’m some eternal optimist who simply always sees the good inside of the bad situations. In the past, I’ve personally had my share of “opportunity doors” close and these doors always represented times in which my progress was halted. What I learned from this eureka moment is that doors or obstacles don’t have to slow us down, they simply redirect our momentum.

If a commitment to working out and living healthier has been an obstacle in the past, I hope you can see that the ultimate equalizer, TIME, would argue that today – right now – marks an opportunity to once again achieve success!

No comments:

Post a Comment