Your Life is Now

So, I have to admit something… I typically don’t look forward to my morning cardio. In fact, it seems more like punishment then anything else. The funny thing is that I know that when I am done, I feel like a million bucks! I expected this Monday morning to be no exception, but it was.

I had forgotten my book at home so I decided to put on my Ipod and pass the tine listening to music. I wasn’t searching for anything in particular, just a beat that I could pedal to. I have a variety of music on my Ipod but the first song that came on was by Michael Buble (not usually a song I would want to do cardio to) but I started to really listen to the lyrics and got me thinking. I guess the song could be interpreted in different ways, but I saw it as an opportunity to re-start or re-commit to something important in my life. It made me start to think about what I was focusing on, and if it was really important at this time in my life. It caused me to recalibrate the way I was thinking about things going on in my life.

What made this morning so much different than the typical Monday morning was that after a half hour of cardio, I made several promises to myself and thought I would share two of them with you. I promised that I would place a higher value on people and their choices; and I promised that I would always attempt to take the highest (and most rewarding) road.

My hope is that after sharing this with you, you will also make a few promises to yourself. For those of you that want to share them, please post them for all of us to read. I would love to hear your story! By doing so, you will make changes to ensure those promises come true. For many of you, I hope the promise will be to re-commit to health, fitness, working out and being more disciplined with your eating habits. To those of you who make this promise; my promise to you is that I will do everything in my power to help! Remember, regardless of how many times we have fallen short or not followed through with something, it’s in the past. The promise we make today is the one you will keep, your life is now!

Remember… “Your gym membership is a cheap form of great entertainment!” - Joe G.

Enthusiastically yours,

Joe Gigantino Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment